19 February 2022

A Sign of the Times

For some strange reason, I often wake at exactly the same time in the middle of the night. I am not sure why.  Seeing as I live close to a railway line, maybe that's the time when the first commuter train to London passes by or maybe it's an aircraft flying low as it makes its descent towards Heathrow airport. It may be neither of those things and an inherent part of my bodyclock. Goodness knows, but I can get quite excited rather than upset when I look at the clock and see.....




Just look at that symmetry -all 5s. I feel disappointed if it reads 5:21 or 5:36. It's just not the same. 

Similarly I can get excited, if I wake and see.....



Or the same if I see 1:23 - there's a pattern there. Ascending or descending.
 
An even more special time is......


That really is the cream on the cake. 

And don't get me started on words a digital clock can spell, such as SOB (5:06), BIG (6:19), BOB (8:08), BIB (8:18) and GOB (9:06). 

Do you think it's time for the men in white coats to come and get me?

4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

No white coats, I am the same usually around 3.25 and again at 5.15, I don't want to look at the clock sometimes because I know what time it will say. I think it's probably body conditioning. lol
Briony
x

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Whenever I jumped in my car to speed off to work, the time on the digital clock was always 7:52, no matter how much I tried to set off earlier. It was always Groundhog Day.

Linda said...

I do it. I get a thrill each time I catch 11:11 and, for some reason, makes me think of Bilbo Baggins celebrating his Eleventy First birthday.

Pixie said...

When my kids were little, their favorite time of day on Saturday and Sunday was 12:34 as well:)