10 December 2021

It's never too late

Not surprisingly alcohol deaths have reached a new high according to the Office for National Statistics.  More people died in 2020 from alcohol abuse than in any year before, soaring by 18% compared with the previous year.  In terms of people, that was 8,974 deaths. The blame has been put squarely at the pandemic which has increased loneliness, depression and anxiety, plus of course alcohol is cheaper to drink at home than in a pub or restaurant.

For all of those affected by alcohol or living with an alcoholic, it is not too late to seek help before the inevitable happens. Don't believe it can't happen to you. Just click on to the tabs above. The prognosis tab is a scary list of what could face you if you continue to drink heavily. The useful contacts tab will help you seek help. Do it now. A new year and a new start beckons.

4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

This is truly scary and worries me as my Grandson who has a job in the media drinks far,far too much. I've spoken to him on several occasions but as with others he thinks he is in control. not sure what else there is but hope he comes to his senses as he gets older.
Briony
x

Linda said...

I see it in my friend groups. I don't drink myself but I see that it has increased in general and can only imagine how the disconnected and lonely might up their intake. Heartbreaking.

It's good to hear from you. How is the painting coming?

ADDY said...

Hi Linda. I finally finished the last bits of the study yesterday and it's looking great. Now I've just got the rest of the house to do!!

pamela said...

A supportive addiction treatment can help provide structure to your days to recover from drug addiction.
Addiction Rehab Centers