It's certainly been much cooler this week and awoken me from the stupour caused by too many tropical heatwaves this summer. I felt galvanised into doing more, I even lugged the vacuum cleaner up 5 flights of stairs to hoover the six levels of the house. I haven't felt like doing that in weeks. I also attempted some ironing and, as I mentioned last week have been doing a lot involving visiting people. This week, I went to a coffee afternoon with someone I haven't seen in years, did a charity shop shift, went on a day-trip to Christchurch in Dorset and saw the ballet Giselle with my choir friends. All of that as well as continuing to do a few chores for my 93-year-old neighbour. I expect we'll all be moaning about the rain now, although I must admit it is very much welcome, as a lot of my garden plants have been flagging. I think I am at last a cool cat.
4 comments:
Like you, I have been feeling so much more inclined to do things now that the worst of the series of heatwaves seems to be over, and the rain has left everything looking and feeling much fresher and less dusty and tired.
Six levels to your house?! I‘d need staff to do the cleaning for me then!
It's like waking up in a fairy tale, I'm loving the rain.
Sometimes I wish I lived in a bungalow or flat. You can read about my house here.. https://alcoholicdaze.blogspot.com/2010/05/try-agaian.html
I must admit I didn't moan one bit, even though the downpours were torrential yesterday. I kept thinking how grateful my plants would be.
Post a Comment