01 April 2022

Musical extravaganza

One of the choirs I attend at the local boys' school had its first concert of the year last weekend and its theme was loosely musicals. I say "loosely" as there was some other stuff in there too but we covered many medleys from My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, The Lion King and then added the theme tune to The Vicar of Dibley and Putting on the Ritz. Another choir joined us to cover songs from Cats, West Side Story and Les Miserables. At the end of the concert, we adjourned to the Refectory where some of the schoolboys played in a jazz band, a brass band and a pop group. They entertained the adults (both choir members and audience) while we sipped wine and bopped away. It was great evening. Kay was able to come along and watch and said we sounded great.  Here is a song or two from our performance kindly recorded by a friend who was in the audience. Spot me - I'm wearing a white top!!






4 comments:

Linda said...

Hahahaha. Sure glad you made clear which one you are.

You sound great!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It is a lovely pastime you are involved in there ADDY. To join in song with others can be so beautiful as these videos demonstrate. Splendid that Dr Kay could be there.

Frances said...

Just seen your comment to Jaycee about the paternoster. My husband was at the college in the mid 60s and I remember going on the lift some years later when we went to see an art show. We both lived in Leicester until we got married.

Flowerpot said...

Singing is so uplifting isn't it? I haven't been for a month or so and I must get back to it. You sounded fabulous by the way - well done! And so glad Kay could share in it, too.