28 January 2021

I've been microchipped!

Today I got my Covid vaccine and I must say I was really impressed from start to finish. 

I first received a text message on my phone a few days ago to make an appointment and with one click on a link it was made for today at our local mini-hospital.

When I arrived at the hospital entrance there were about ten people ahead of me, all made to self-distance, stewards every ten yards affirming you were in the right queue,  directing me to shuffle along to the next steward, and so on until I went inside and was handed a pre-printed sheet of paper with my name and medical details already on it.  More stewards directed me along corridors until I finally reached my designated room with two nurses inside. After questions about my medical background, allergies etc, the deed was done (didn't feel a thing) and leaflets about what to expect were handed over. Then more stewards directed me in a one-way system out of the hospital to a marquee where about 30 chairs were distantly spaced for us to sit out the 15-minute wait for any anaphylactic shock.  Before I knew it, I was on my way home in my car again.  It was fantastically streamlined and I could not fault it. The next injection is in 12 weeks, I am told.

So far, so good and I don't have any side effects, although I expect a sore arm and maybe slight temperature in the next 24 hours, if reports from others are accurate. If anything, I felt a distinct fall in my anxiety levels that at last I have some protection against this Godforsaken virus. 

6 comments:

JayCee said...

Sounds pretty good. Very efficient and hopefully will ensure your continuing safety x

Linda said...

Excellent! Definitely a reason to have less anxiety.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Excellent Addy.
I await mine eagerly. When the big day happens, it will be the third time I have left the boundaries of my humble abode for nigh on a year!
Anna :o]

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Which one did you have ADDY? Pfizer or Astra Zenica?

It must feel especially good - given the very constrained way you have had to live your life in the last eleven months.

ADDY said...

It was the Pfizer one. Yes I hope it will allow me to venture out of my cocoon with a little confidence.

Flowerpot said...

That's fantastic, Addy. I think we're about the same age so hopefully I will get mine before too long ....x