17 October 2016

Poor me

It's been six months since my major operation to remove the GIST-tumour from my stomach. I had been doing very well and was more or less back to eating normally, back to driving, back to heavy lifting, back to gardening, back to normal in general. However about two or three weeks ago, I had a setback. I am not sure what caused it, although I have a number of theories - it coincided with getting a flu injection, it also coincided with me reheating some rice (which is a definite no-no), and it's possible I had eaten too many foods which are rather acidic or spicy. Whatever the cause, I now have chronic gastritis or  gastroenteritis which is not very pleasant and has set me back quite a bit. The doctor has ordered some tests but meanwhile my get-up-and go and has got-up-and gone. I'm feeling very lack-lustre and not up to much. Damn. 


Picture courtesy of pinterest.com


9 comments:

Valerie said...

Poor you indeed. I hope the tests show the reason for all your discomfort and pain.

AGuidingLife said...

oh rotten luck, bed in with a box set and rest up xx

Maggie May said...

I've also had a flu jab recently & didn't feel too good afterwards. I've never had that happen before...... just felt yuk.

Hoping that you get over your bad bout and that it's nothing to worry about. (Actually, that's easier said than done, not worrying, as I know from my own experience that worrying about new symptoms, is just below the surface.)

Hoping that you're back to normal in next to no time!
Maggie x

afterthefire1964 said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Trisha E. said...

I hope so too!

mhbravo said...

Addy-- I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly. I had never heard anything about the risks of eating rice. Thanks for that info! I know that you've been through a tough time, but I'm hoping that sunnier days are just around the corner.
-- Martha

DD's Diary said...

Really sorry to hear this and hope you're feeling better by now. I had terrible gastritis for about two years and, after much trial and error, found that live organic yoghurt and pickled things like sauerkraut made me feel much better - I also take a probiotic supplement from Holland and Barrett. They sell keffir (thin yoghurt drink) which is also supposed to be good but I'm not keen. Fingers crossed one of these works!

the veg artist said...

Hope it's clearing up by now. I've had gastro issues, and I find now that I have to have a day of bland food in between spicy meals. Learning to re-adjust can have sharp lessons, although I did know about rice! Take care of yourself.

Flowerpot said...

Oh I am sorry to hear this Addy. I agree about probiotic stuff - hope that should help sort everything out a bit. Take care X