19 December 2014

Christmas is coming.....

I'm usually very organised as a rule and can be irritatingly prepared for all sorts. Christmas is usually approached with the same precision as fighting a military campaign which is why this year has been quite a shock. I found myself at the beginning of December with no cards even bought, let alone written. No presents bought either. No decorations. No advanced food preparations. Sans anything! Not like me at all. In my defence, I plead total lack of time. What with the rain damage to my house  back in the autumn and the upheaval that caused, together with my mother fracturing her knee and needing 18-hours-a day care from me, it left me very little time for anything else.

I am pleased to say that has now been remedied. Cards have been sent; presents have not only been bought (thank God for Amazon) but also wrapped (sorry, am I irritating anyone yet?); food lists have been checked and food bought. Turkey's in the freezer; I've made three batches of  red cabbage to my German grandmother's recipe and frozen them; I've made and frozen a big batch of cranberry sauce. Yesterday they came to collect the chair I was on about in my last post.  Having received my "yours disgusted letter", it gavanised them into action. While I waited in for them, I spent 6 hours decorating the tree and the rooms. I'm definitely getting there.

Kay comes home on Saturday, so I am looking forward to spending a week together with her. My mum is coming to stay for a few days too and her cousin is also invited for the two main days, staying overnight on the 25th. One guest bed is already made up, the other two will get done early next week. Where I'll sleep goodness knows, but I'll need to get up early to put the albatross turkey in the oven, so may sleep Cinderella-style in the kitchen (only joking)!


The stairs are  looking festive


A warm welcome for my guests

Happy Christmas!


All that remains is for me to wish you all a lovely Christmas and a happy, healthy 2015. Thank you so much for all your comments over the year. I may not respond to each one individually, but I do appreciate them neverthless. May your Christmas be merry (but not too much in terms of alcohol!)



 Love  Addy

7 comments:

Flowerpot said...

You are incredibly organised Addy - well done you! I'm not but i don't have too much stuff to get or cook. I hope! Haven't got there yet. Hope you have a lovely time and that 2015 is a happy one xx

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Well done Addie, and there is still a few days to go. Hope your Christmas is merry and bright and you manage some sleep as well. Merry Christmas x

KatduGers said...

Happy Christmas Addy! I rarely comment these days, but I do still keep up with you and what you're doing.

I'm organised too, just got apple sauce to make to take down to the inlaws for the roast pork :-)

Shadow said...

It's it great how things can simply..... work out :)

Gattina said...

Finally you made it ! Merry Christmas to you !

Pam said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. All the best for 2015.

Unknown said...

I recently contacted a doctor named Ekaka i find his email: ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com on the internet so i decided to contact him for help in my relationship he ask me to send him my details which i did after that he told me that the gods revealed something to him and he told me everything that was revealed to him and he told me what he was going to do that after three days my relationship became sweet again and the person that was behind my problem came to beg me for forgiveness which was my mother in-law. i and my love are happy again including my mother in-law and we are planning to have a party for this Easter... thanks to Dr. Ekaka