08 October 2009

Rest in Peace.

My computer has died. It's only about two years old but it seems to have given up the ghost. A computer engineer gave it the last rites this morning. Greg's computer, on which I am now quickly writing, has come out in mourning and it seems may be also heading for the great big scrapyard in the sky. Which leaves me totally blogless at the moment. You may therefore have a few weeks' silence from me until I manage to acquire a shiny new laptop which I can then take to and fro to my mother's house, once I have initiated a broadband connection there. (Yay)

Meanwhile, I am heading for my mother's house for a week or so, as I desperately need to do a few chores for her, not least grapple with the gardening. The weeds always seem to grow a foot high in my absences and as thick as before. I had hoped to visit her for much longer than a week, but I have been to the Citizen's Advice Bureau for some advice and legal help and they are so snowed under with people seeking credit crunch help that the earliest they can advise me is late October, so I have to be back again for that interview. In the meantime I shall try if I can to read your blogs and will be back as soon as is technically possible, but if I can't you will know why.

Greg is quite happy for me to leave him and he assures me he will manage on his own. Mind you, when I look at him creeping around the house behind his zimmer frame, I do wonder. Going up stairs takes forever and standing up or sitting down is a work in progress. But he is adamant that I should visit my mother as he is just as concerned about her as I am. If he has any thoughts about getting alcohol behind my back, he will have a job to get the car accelerator and brake pedals pushed down with those weak legs! (His reply is that he won't be going back to drinking alcohol. Ever. Watch this space) Meanwhile Kay is settling down well in her new home and has started her medicine lectures. Her homesickness is diminishing and now when she rings me up she sounds very cheerful. So all's well on that front and gives me the freedom now to devote my time to my mother. Bye for now.....

21 comments:

em said...

hope you have a peaceful time at your mothers. and now at least with kays reassurance that shes doing fine im sure you mind will be at ease.

i know what its like without having access to the net, dreadful. take care.x

Working Mum said...

I've just caught up on your last five posts and have found out about the trauma you have been going through. I can't believe that Social Services are not providing you with help; Greg will not be mentally capable of making these decisions for himself. I feel angry for you.

However, Kay has settled in now and I'm sure she will be working hard and doing you proud, so take heart there. Does she read your blog or are you keeping all this other stuff from her?

I do hope you have an outlet for your frustration while you are blogless and may you return to blogland soon.

WM x

Gin said...

Have a wonderful time with you mother. I am so happy that Kay is settling in. I was sure that she would. Once the homesickness starts to subside things always seem to be brighter.

Enjoy your time with Mom. I have a feeling it will be good for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Very good news about Kay. Must be a weight off your mind. Enjoy the break at your mother's.

Ellen said...

What a long wait for advice from the CAB, that is no help to people in desperate circumstances. Sorry to hear your computer has given up the ghost, but v happy to hear that Kay is settling well into Uni. Don't work too hard at you Mum's, you deserve a break. Perhaps being on his own (minus the alcohol) will give Greg a good opportunity to reflect. Fingers crossed.

Millennium Housewife said...

Will you ever stop having to care for someone? I do hope that the care of your mother is a pleasure in some ways. Love as always to you Rosiro xx

Kit Courteney said...

How wonderful about your daughter!

And how wonderful for you to get away and see your mother.

May you have a lovely time :0)

Selina Kingston said...

Just found your blog and my heart goes out to you. You are obviously a wonderful, caring person and those around you are very lucky to have you. I look forward to reading more once you are back on the blogosphere! Meanwhile, enjoy time away...if you can
Selina x

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots of luck with a new computer, I don't know what I'd do without mine!

Hope your mum is okay, I'm sure the two of you will have a great week together.

And as for Greg, it might do him good to fend for himself a little. It's wonderful that Kay has settled, she really seems to be doing well.

CJ xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosiero,

Best of luck with your new laptop when you get it and I hope you have a good time with your mum.

All the best

Nechtan

grandmamargie said...

Have fun. Will miss you though.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Rest up. Er, Tesco's deliver, don't they ... ???

Rebel Mother said...

I hope you get a bit of a rest at your mother's. It will be nice just pottering about in normality for a bit.

Hope you get the computer sorted out soon - there appears to be some good deals around at the mo!

Fab news about Kay - one load off your mind.

Enjoy your rest.

Love RMxx

Flowerpot said...

That all sounds like good news - apart from having to wait so long to see the CAB. What about Snoopy?

Eliza said...

Hope you're ok. There's an award for you over at my blog.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Hope you have a lovely time with your Mum Rosiero. Great news about Kay and fingers crossed Greg keeps off the hard stuff. Good luck with your computer, I just love my laptop. Linda ♥

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have been catching up with your posts. Enjoy your break at your mother's even though it will be a working break.

Thinking of you,

Gill in Canada

Robert said...

Some time off at your mother's will probably be very good for you. i hope that you have a good week.

Great news about Kay - I'm sure it's a great weight off your shoulders.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Enjoy being with your Mum for a while Rosiero - you certainly deserve the break. Pleased to hear that Kay has settled down now - that will be a load off your mind.

I'm going to try catching up with your recent posts. A x

PMFAddictionTreatmentCenter said...

Thanks for the post.
Yes, it does seem like all is peaceful right now, well, at least with Greg.
Hopefully your next post will be filled with wonderful news about how you are coping

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

Have a good rest Roserio and well done on the "letting go" front. Kay must be relieved that you are starting to look after yourself.