02 September 2019

Three Score Years and Ten

I was down in Brighton at the weekend, celebrating my friend's 70th birthday. We had a ball partying non-stop from 7pm till well past midnight in a quirky venue with a jazz quartet, an Indian renowned chef cooking a two-course dinner and a DJ playing music to which we danced until we could dance no more. Well over fifty people (probably more like eighty) were there in a tiny cramped space, including a large contingent from Paris, who had come over specially for the day, as my friend studied French back in the day. The wine and goodwill flowed. We even stood to attention and sang La Marseillaise. It was a great evening, followed the next day by a wonderful fish lunch in a seafront restaurant. The French were at that too, ordering plate-fulls of mussels and langoustines. Here I am at the party. My 70th is in 15 months' time. I'm going to have to start planning to match that.




6 comments:

Jim Simmonds said...

Looking good there Addy. 60-70 is the new 40-50 ( being 63 I would say that). Glad you had a great time in Brighton . Love to know name of the seafood restaurant you went to. Good luck with planning your own 70th. Look forward to receiving my invite!��

ADDY said...

Thank you Jim. That restaurant in Brighton is The Melrose opposite the burnt-out pier.

Linda d said...

My goodness you look fantastic. Sounds like a fun evening.

Swennyandcher said...

Love seeing your picture! Glad you are enjoying and share the fun with all of us.

AGuidingLife said...

gosh you're aging well. good genes there.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

You certainly don't look like a woman approaching seventy. I am pleased you had a great time at your friend's birthday celebrations.