Things that make me happy
1. Seeing my beautiful daughter each day.
2. Watching the dog lie on his back with his legs in the air, when he wants a cuddle.
3. Walking along a seashore on a sunny day.
4. Gardening - I love to commune with nature, work up a sweat, see something grow and know that I have made it happen.
5. Christmas Day (I'm a kid at heart, shame about the body!!)
6. A nice Sunday roast.
Interesting facts about me....
1. I won a prize for a cookery competition, when I was twelve.
2. Alongside German, I studied Latin as a university subject. (I wanted to study German and French, but the French course was so full I had my arm twisted into reading Latin instead.) I had to read several books in Latin, all of which I have since forgotten, but I find Latin is very useful for unravelling the meaning of complicated English words. Such a shame schools tend not to teach Latin these days.
3. I am useless at sport and cannot swim a single stroke or ride a bike, as I missed out learning in childhood. I have tried to wobble on a bike as an adult, but gave up in disgust. I also used to take Kay swimming and go up to my armpits in water, but just couldn't bring myself to go under! Anything else which involves running about or being competitive is just not me.
4. I once walked 25 miles in one day for charity. This was before the invention of trainers and I wore really hard shoes which gave me zillions of blisters by about the third mile. At the end of the walk I crawled into a taxi for the journey home!
5. I love dressmaking and make my own curtains. I am going to tackle reupholstering the sofas - they could do with it and it'll be a challenge.
6. In my life so far I have had a few phobias which I have managed to overcome. The current one is a hatred of motorways. I would sooner drive a million miles around one than a mile along one. I will go on sufferance as a passenger, but even then I do not enjoy the journey.
I am nominating the following if they care to pick up the award and be tagged at the same time....
1. Dulwich Divorcee - for never failing to make me smile.
2. Millennium Housewife - who also has the ability to make me guffaw.
3. Reluctant Memsahib - for her beautifully descriptive account of being in an African outpost.
4. My Wife has Agoraphobia - for his devotion and support for his wife.
5. Don't Panic - for his tales as a single father of a teenager.
6. Crystal Jigsaw - for her description of the natural and supernatural events in a Northumberland farmhouse.