25 June 2018

Sorry and Anniversary

I apologise to anyone who has left a comment on my blog in the last six months only for it not to be published. After a spate of comments in either Chinese or from people who had found happiness through Dr Quack and been reunited with their philandering husband, or who with the help of Mr Wooloveryoureyes had won a lot of money, I decided to impose comment moderation on all comments. In the beginning, I  used to be notified of comments by email, so was able to accept or delete them. However, over the last six months, the comments had dwindled to nil and I was getting no notifications whatsoever in my email.    Thanks to Yorkshire Pudding, I have discovered that people were indeed leaving comments, but I was unaware of them.  I am not sure what happened, but have found the solution and discovered 120 comments awaiting comment  moderation. Now a good third were from Dr Quack or Mr Wooloveryoureyes followers, but the remainder have now been published belatedly. Apologies again and many thanks to Yorkshire Pudding for bringing this to my attention. 

Changing the subject drastically, I suddenly realised that last month saw my 10th anniversary of blogging. Way back in May 2008, when I was troubled by my husband's alcoholism and needed an outlet to put all my fears and frustrations to cyber paper, I tentatively started my blog. Here is that very first post. Incidentally I wasn't known as Addy in those early days, but Rosiero. I later changed it to Addy (AD being short for Alcoholic Daze). But neither are my real name in any case, as  anonymity is important to me. The blog led from being an outpouring on my part to helping others in similar situations, then morphed into a diary for me to keep. Never in a million years did I think I would still be writing it ten years on.

4 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

As the window cleaner said to the countess that sultry June afternoon, "Glad to have been of service ma'am!"
Congratulations on a decade of blogging ADDY...Rosario...Betty...Wilma or whatever your name is!

Fran Caldwell said...

HOW did you find those comments? I am having the same problem. Please, if it's simple, tell me about it.

Thanks.

ADDY said...

Hi Fran

If you are on Google Blogger, as I am, go to your blog home page and in top right corner there is a line of links to New Post, Design or Sign Out.

1. Click on Design to bring up a list of options.
2. On the list on left hand side, click on comments. You will see that those comments are further subdivided into Published, Awaiting Moderation or Spam.

A lot of my unpublished comments were in Awaiting Moderation, so I was able to publish or delete accordingly.

Hope that helps. Addy

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog recently. I’m a thirty two year old woman living on the west coast of the states trying to balance taking care of my two young children and my alcoholic father. I have siblings, but they don’t live near by. Fortunately I don’t live with my dad. But the stress I have felt this last year has been awful. He won’t eat. He’s been to the hospital three times, the most recent one for esophageal bleeding. His liver is showing signs of hepatitis. He refuses to admit the alcohol causes any of this and has stated he won’t stop drinking. I don’t want to outright cut him out of my life because he was a good father for many years before. But I feel tired. Your blog made me feel a little less alone. And it was a relief to read that the sharp, bitter feelings fade. Thank you