10 July 2017

The Lady of the Hydrangeas

I visited my friend in Brighton last week on a boiling hot day and for a while we sought shade in her garden. I thought I'd share a photo she took of me.... I'm calling this work "The Lady of the Hydrangeas".


Today would have been my 41st wedding anniversary. It was a scorching hot day then back in 1976. What with a veil over my head and long lined wedding dress, I positively melted down the aisle. Thank goodness we had an open-top vintage Rolls Royce to take us from the church to the reception so I could cool down in the breeze. Happy 41st  Anniversary, Greg, wherever you are.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

The lady in pink... lovely photograph.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

That is the first picture I have seen of you ADDY. You are a good-looking woman and that is a smashing picture. "The Lady of the Hydrangeas" would be a good title for a romantic novel. Perhaps a bare-chested Poldark would appear from the shubbery, panting after a long horse ride from Cornwall.

Furtheron said...

Happy Anniversary... such a shame Greg didn't make it to celebrate with you

Maggie May said...

Love your photo. It's really becoming with all the blooms around you.
Anniversaries are a bit painful but I'm getting used to them now......
At least I got to my Golden while he was still alive.
Maggie x