First I just wanted to report that we DID go out last night, despite Greg having drunk two glasses of wine and a half-bottle of whisky between lunch and supper. My heart was in my mouth all the time, as his speech was very slurred, he was walking with a deliberate slow gait and was coming out with all sorts of embarrassing comments within earshot of people. When I get anxious, my throat closes up, gets very dry and my old phobia (of not feeling comfortable eating in public) raises its head. Still, Kay and I were determined to see it through and we just nodded to all his comments and tried not to get embarrassed or start any arguments. Once home again, he proceeded to doze off on the sofa and Kay and I heaved a sigh of relief.
Secondly, I have been tagged by the lovely Nunhead Mum of One and will do my best to answer all the questions.
Rules of the meme
Respond and rework
Answer questions on your own blog
Replace one question
Add one question
Tag 8 people
1. What are your current obsessions? Trying to reduce my cholesterol levels. I also want to go on and lose one more stone to return to the weight I was when I was a young slip of a girl.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Scruffy jeans for walking the dog.
3. What's for dinner? Tonight there will be chicken casserole, rhubarb crumble and custard (a friend gave me some rhubarb from their allotment and I just have to make a crumble, but normally I avoid this for cholesterol reasons - see, I told you I am obsessed with this!)
4. Last thing you bought? A salad spinner (Last of the big spenders!)
5. What are you listening to? The tinnitus in my ears. I've had it for a number of years and it drives me insane. It sounds like the whine of the test card they used to show on TV. Listen here. You only got 6 seconds of it. I have it all the time!
6. What five items could you not leave the house with? Keys, mobile, extra strong mints, lippie, money.
7. Favourite holiday spots? Greece, Greece, Greece
8. Reading right now? Al-anon (for families of alcoholics) literature.
9. Four words to describe yourself: shy, anxious, sexy(??), practical.
10. Guilty pleasure? Baileys, chocolate
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? My daughter. We can get very silly sometimes and have lots of therapeutic girlie giggles. It's a good antidote for stress - try it.
12. First spring thing? Snowdrops by our front door
13. Planning to travel to next? Regular visit to my mother, who is housebound.
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? A bar of chocolate - the first I had had since my cholesterol-reducing diet started 12 weeks ago (see I mentioned it again!) An expensive bottle of red wine the neighbours gave me for looking after their cat while they were on holiday. I kept this hidden from Greg and had it all to myself over a few days!! (A very rare treat !!)
15. When did you last get tipsy? At a millennium party!!
16. Favourite ever film? Difficult, I love so many for different reasons, but one that really affected me was Sophie's Choice. I also adore Far from the Madding Crowd, as I am a Thomas Hardy fan.
17. Care to share some wisdom? Life is not a rehearsal. Don't let it pass you by.
18. If you could be someone famous, who would you be and why? Joan Collins. If I'm looking that good at 76, I shall be happy.
19. What did your last text say and who was it from? "Where r u? "- Greg texting me on my return journey from Yorkshire.
20. What is your favourite animal? All dogs and especially my dog, Snoopy. He is the most intelligent dog I have ever known and can understand about 100 different sentences (not just one-word commands but whole sentences.)
The eight people I am tagging (getting more difficult to find ones who haven't already been tagged!!) are:
Fat Frumpy and Fifty
Working mum on the Verge
My Wife has Agoraphobia
**************Finally, my garden is full of beautiful blossom at the moment. It is arguably the best time of year for colour. Here are some pictures I took last week.